We are looking for an expatriate visionary educational leader to become the Primary School Principal of our school. The principal will be responsible and accountable for ensuring the delivery of an excellent education for all children and will continuously develop education model in our school.
What you’ll be doing…
- Leading the school and its staff in order to achieve extremely high standards of teaching and learning, behaviour and attainment.
- Implementing and coordinating the vision and strategy for the school.
- Creating a culture of educational excellence and embedding the ethos of a learning organization.
- Forming effective external relationships with parents, the local community and other stakeholders.
- Working with other senior staff to oversee the use of finance, facilities, catering and other resources across the school.
- Identifying the staff needed to effectively support children’s learning and recruiting highly motivated and able individuals to fulfil these roles.
- Creating structures which deploy staff in the most effective ways to achieve the school vision.
- Mentoring and motivating staff on an ongoing basis and identifying their professional development needs.
- Working with teacher training team to develop relevant, ongoing training programmes for new teachers and those already qualified.
- Supporting ongoing evaluation of the British Curriculum and redesign where necessary.
- Ensuring appropriate policies and procedures to support pupils with special educational needs, and to promote inclusion.
- Helping shape or lead further education initiatives across the school network as it grows.
Ideal candidate profile...
- Qualified to degree level and above, master’s degree preferred.
- Candidates qualified to work in Nigeria from the UK, USA, Philippine, South Africa are encourage to apply.
- 5 years’ experience of primary or early years education.
- Candidate must have vast knowledge of the British system.
- Experience and understanding of the learning and emotional needs of very young children.
- Evidence of strategic leadership of continuing professional development (in-service training) for teachers or education professionals.
- Track record of successfully engaging with others in a diverse community, building positive and productive working relationships.
- An intelligent and thoughtful communicator (both orally and in writing), keen to engage the interests of a wide range of audiences.
- Good political acumen; the ability to deploy sound judgement across a range of complex issues.
- Analytical skills in particular the use of data to diagnose strengths and weaknesses and inform education improvement strategies.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.