As an English Teacher, you will be an outstanding classroom practitioner who consistently demonstrates the highest standards of delivery, is fully committed to raising attainment across all key stages, and acutely aware of the strategies required to achieve the highest standards within their subject area.
What you will be doing…
The English Teacher, working with other members of the NTIC teaching team, will be responsible for the delivery of the following key priorities:
* To provide outstanding teaching to create a vibrant and distinctive culture for learning for young people.
* To ensure all our students are able to thrive and engage in both academic and vocational learning to achieve above and beyond their highest potential whilst developing personal and employability skills.
* To plan and execute a diverse program that meets individual learner needs within English.
* You will enhance young people’s futures by:*
* Teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate
setting and marking of work to be carried out by the students.
* Assessing, recording, and reporting on the attendance, progress, development, and
attainment of students whilst keeping electronic records as required
* Contributing to reports and references relating to individual students
*Ensuring a high-quality learning experience for students, which meets internal and external quality standards.
* Preparing and regularly updating subject materials.
* Using a variety of delivery methods, which will stimulate learning appropriate to
student needs and demands of the syllabus.
* Maintaining discipline in accordance with the NTIC procedures, and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behavior, standards of work, and independent learning.
* Undertaking assessment of students as requested by external examination bodies,
departmental, and College procedures.
* Marking and grading student\'s work which enables you to give written/verbal and
* Supporting and motivating students to allow them to grow and enhance their own
skills in both achieving qualifications and work-ready.
* Ensuring the maximum opportunity for young people to prepare for pathways into further learning, training, or employment.
*Engaging with employers to develop learner employability skills, ensuring work-related learning experiences are at the core of the NTIC curriculum.
* Ensuring all students understand the expected standards of behavior and be prepared to intervene where these standards are not followed.
* Ensuring a safe, secure, and healthy environment for students.
Ideal candidate profile…
*B.Sc/B.A in English Language or English Literature. A Master\'s degree is an added advantage.
*A teaching license.
*Candidates qualified to work in Nigeria from the UK, USA, Philippines, South Africa are encouraged to apply.
*Minimum of 4 years working experience as an English teacher.
*Have a vast knowledge of the British system.
*Should be living in Lagos or Abuja.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.