We are looking for a skilled Accounts Payable Officer to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
What you’ll be doing…
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
Ideal candidate profile…
- Proven working experience as Accounts Payable Officer
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- OND in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.